Terror Hits Greece, Germany, Iraq as US Votes; Bombs Kill 62
by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu
Follow Israel news on and .
A wave of terror hit Tuesday in Iraq, Greece, and Germany, where
officials discovered a parcel bomb at Chancellor Angela Merkels office
as Americans went to the polls. At least 62 people died in a series of
10 bomb blasts at coffee shops and other public places in Iraq, two days
after Al-Qaeda terrorists massacred 58 Christians in a Baghdad church.
No firm evidence connected the attacks with the U.S. elections, but
Al-Qaeda might have timed the bombing attacks as a message to U.S.
President Barack Obama, who faces a tidal wave of opposition of
Americans wanting to curtail involvement in Iraq, Afghanistan and
In Baghdad, Patriarch Emanuel Ill Delly said the devils hand" had
struck the victims. He added, "We are not afraid of death and threats.
We are the sons of this country and we will stay with our Muslim
brothers in Iraq, hand-in-hand to glorify the name of Iraq," according
to the French news agency AFP.
Al-Qaeda held the Christian worshippers as hostages on Sunday before the
terrorists began their massacre when Iraqi special forces raided the
church in an effort to rescue the worshippers. One priest was shot in
the head after being told. "'Convert to Islam because in any case you
Tuesdays attack involved at least 10 car bombs and four roadside bombs
Tuesday evening, and killed more than 60 people and wounding more than
In Germany, police found a bomb in a package at Chancellor Merkels
office. Last week, a last minute tip-off to the United States by Saudi
Arabia authorities led to the discovery of two potentially deadly bombs
hidden in parcels sent by Al-Qaeda terrorists in Yemen and aimed at two
In Greece, a mail bomb addressed to the Mexican embassy exploded en
route, wounding one worker. One bomb exploded outside the Swiss embassy,
and others were detonated at the Russian, Chilean and Bulgarian
embassies in Athens.
Lebanese Daily: Hizbullah Drills Takeover
On November 1, 2010, the Lebanese daily Al-Akhbar, which is close to
Hizbullah and Syria, reported that on October 28, 2010, Hizbullah
conducted an "electronic and on-the-ground simulation" of a takeover of
Lebanon an operation that is to be carried out in the event that the
international tribunal for the assassination of former Lebanese prime
minister Rafiq Al-Hariri indicts Hizbullah.
According to the report, the drill included the deployment of forces
countrywide within two hours, the cordoning off of extensive areas of
the country, the arrest of wanted individuals, and the seizure of ports
and border crossings.
The day after Al-Akhbar reported the story, the London-based Saudi daily
Al-Sharq Al-Awsat stated that the simulation was an illustration of a
practical plan by Hizbullah, Amal and other pro-Syrian forces to take
over Beirut and other parts of the country.
As of this writing, the March 14 Forces have not yet responded to these
The following is a review of reports from both Al-Akhbar and Al-Sharq
Al-Akhbar: Extensive Security Deployment on the Ground in Under Two
The report on Hizbullah's takeover drill was included in an article in
Al-Akhbar by Fidaa 'Itani. It read: "Before Nasrallah began his short
speech [on October 28, 2010], a major force in one of the opposition's
special units conducted an electronic and on-the-ground simulation of
what will happen at approximately zero hour, on both the security and
the political level.
"The Lebanese simulation which by chance preceded an Israeli
electronic simulation of a scenario of a future war with Hizbullah
reaching [all the way to] Tel Aviv was predicated on the international
tribunal's release of an indictment against Hizbullah [in the Al-Hariri
"[According to the Hizbullah simulation,] as soon as the indictment is
released or, as others say, even a few hours prior security and
political forces will be massively deployed, without weapons, gunfire,
or bloodshed, and without harm to civilians or population centers.
"In less than two hours, an extensive and rapid security deployment had
taken place on the ground. A secret security and military cordon of
large areas in the country was completed, including specific targets:
political, security, and military centers, sites, and personnel. Wanted
individuals were pinpointed [and detained] under arrest warrants [issued
against them in Syria], or for their role in attempts to instigate
ethnic fanaticism [and all this] was carried out during the simulation,
within less than two hours. [The drill also included] specifying the
locations or hiding places of these [wanted] individuals, [to facilitate
their] arrest and prevent them from spreading incitement or moving
"[Another part of the simulation was] the seizure of main cities and
sensitive political sites, from the capital and its suburbs all the way
to the Keserwan [Heights] and the North, as well as the seizure of ports
and border crossings, to prevent people from fleeing."
The writer added sarcastically: "It's possible that the prime minister
was unaware that his office and building had been taken over and
surrendered to the [opposition] fighters who were deployed throughout
the area, without the soldiers who guarded him having noticed a thing
[because] isolating him and preventing him from moving freely had
already been carried out in theory."
Al-Sharq Al-Awsat: Hizbullah, Amal, Pro-Syrian Elements Coordinate
Lebanon Takeover Plan
The next day, the London-based Saudi daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat wrote that
the simulation reported by Al-Akhbar was "an actual plan drafted on
paper and approved by the relevant persons, one which will be carried
out at zero hour that is, [when] an indictment [in the case of] the
assassination of former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq Al-Hariri is
Citing a knowledgeable Lebanese security source, the daily reported that
"the Lebanese security apparatuses have received information of periodic
and intensive meetings between Hizbullah, Amal, and other Syrian allies,
in which they simulated coordination in the setting of a battle [aimed
at] taking over Beirut and [its] southern approach, and neutralizing
other areas Christian and Sunni [areas]."
The daily added: "Lebanese sources reported that the meetings focused on
'the division of areas' among these forces, with each group receiving
its own special map for the 'zero hour' confrontation. These forces in
turn held internal organizational meetings, and allocated missions
within each team. According to the information, Beirut was divided into
three military zones, with the missions therein being split primarily
among Amal, Hizbullah, and the Syrian National Socialist Party. Likewise,
an alternative plan was drawn up, under which Hizbullah would provide
logistical aid to those forces, in the case of problems which might
prevent the plan from being implemented.
"According to the reports, the zero hour is linked to the release of an
indictment, unless the relevant parties decide to move it up. In any
event, the first scenario was based on the issue of an indictment, at
which time fired-up youth would go out into the main streets, blocking
them in protest. Then the situation would develop into clashes with
security forces or with supporters of the March 14 Forces, particularly
of the Al-Mustaqbal stream, and thus [the Hizbullah, Amal, and pro-Syria]
forces would complete the takeover of the capital."
Al-Sharq Al-Awsat quoted retired Brigadier General Amin Hoteit, who has
close ties to Hizbullah, as calling the Al-Akhbar report "highly
realistic." Hoteit claimed that "Hizbullah's current strategy is based
first and foremost on preventing fitna [civil strife]... and therefore
strives [to maintain] contact and dialogue. If it cannot prevent fitna...
it will attempt to stop it from exploding into anything serious. If it
cannot ward off the explosion, then it will turn to deciding [matters]
on the ground...
"Everyone knows that the fitna will be limited geographically to areas
with a Shi'ite presence Beirut, the central Beq'a, and the south
giving Hizbullah a chance to decide [matters] without delay. In Beirut,
because of the Shi'ite and [Hizbullah] allies' majority, the situation
will be decided within 24 hours at most... If fitna does break out,
Hizbullah will take the area within three days or a week at most. But it
won't end there because what happens on the ground will be translated
into politics. Then the equation will reach the point where the
indictment issued in the assassination of [former] prime minister Rafiq
Al-Hariri will end the Al-Hariri era in Lebanon forever."
Al-Sharq Al-Awsat added that although the daily had contacted a senior
official in the organization regarding the matter, "Hizbullah neither
denied nor confirmed the report..." The paper noted that "Amal, which is
headed by Nabih Berri, denied that it had participated in any 'field
Al-Akhbar: We Have Proof That the Indictment Is About To Be Released
Both sources noted that the "zero hour" would be when the international
tribunal released the indictment, or even sooner. These reports attest
to the current tension and suspense both within Lebanon and abroad, in
anticipation of the indictment's release. Saudi Arabia and Syria are
working together to arrive at an agreement in this matter, as are other
international key players such as Iran, Egypt, France, and the U.S.
Against this backdrop, Al-Akhbar correspondent Qassim Hamadi wrote that
he had in his possession copies of secret correspondence between the
international tribunal, the Swedish Ministry of Justice, and the Swedish
Embassy in The Hague, showing that the release of the indictment was
Hamadi added: "Contrary to what Prime Minister S'ad Al-Hariri told MP
Walid Jumblatt and Hussein Al-Jalil, a political aide to Hizbullah's
secretary-general [namely] that, according to [Al-Hariri's]
information, the indictment's release has been pushed back to March 2011
Al-Akhbar has obtained secret letters sent between the tribunal, the
Swedish Justice Ministry, and the Swedish Embassy at The Hague which
reveal that the release of an indictment is nigh." To further reinforce
this claim, he wrote that in France there was no confirmation of
Al-Hariri's claim of the indictment's postponement until March 2011, and
that the U.S. was insisting that an indictment be released before the
end of the year.
In his column in Al-Akhbar, the paper's editor, Ibrahim Al-Amin, also
wrote that the international arena is bustling with unprecedented
activity aimed at arriving at an indictment within a few weeks, if
Al-Qaeda terror plot against Jewish
institutions in US foiled
02 November 2010
Yemeni security officials have arrested a female university student and
her mother in connection with the dispatch of two packages addressed to
several Jewish institutions in the Chicago area and seized last week
onboard US-bound cargo plane in England and in Dubai. The arrest was
made on Sunday in the Yemeni capital Sana'a after security officials
detected the girls cell phone number on the two suspected parcels sent
to the United States, the Yemen Observer reported. Security officers
ordered the international shipping companies Fedex, UPS and DHL to close
their offices in Sanaa. Twenty-six parcels from the Fedex and UPS
offices were seized and several of employees detained for questioning.
Yemen has also put the US-born radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki on trial
in his absence. News of Awlaki's trial came as it emerged that in
September, US intelligence officials intercepted parcels of books,
papers and CDs that had been shipped to Chicago from Yemen and
considered the possibility that they might have been test runs for
Now, intelligence officials believe that the shipments, whose
hour-by-hour locations could be tracked by the sender on the shippers'
websites, may have been used to plan the route and timing for the two
printer cartridges packed with explosives that were sent from Yemen and
intercepted in Britain and Dubai on Friday, the New York Times reports.
When US counter-terrorism agencies received information linking the
first packages to the terrorist network Al-Qaeda in the Arabian
Peninsula (AQAP), they stopped the shipments in transit and searched
them, officials said. They found no explosives, and the packages were
allowed to be delivered to what appeared to have been ''random addresses''
with no connection to the terrorist group in Chicago.
Me di vê belavokê de
çareserîya pirsa kurd û Kurdîstanê danîye ber çavan. Em bang û gazî li
kes, sazî, rêxistin, rewşenbîr, tezgeh û tendensên sîyasî, demokrat û
humanîst dikin ko piştgirîya banga me bikin.